Are you looking to buy a home? If yes, then I can already imagine the excitement and the thousands of ideas playing in your mind right now.
You probably already pictured your living area, how you will decorate the bathroom, how fresh you intend to keep your lawn and bla bla bla.
But not so fast. One very significant thing that probably hasn’t crossed your mind is the inspection of the home you intend to buy.
It’s okay if this wasn’t included in your list of to-do before getting into your new home. But now that you have heard of it, maybe you should start thinking about it.
Because doing a home inspection is the only way you will know for sure the state of the house. And yes, just looking at it is not enough to know how functional it is.
As a buyer, you have the right to request a home inspection. The process usually takes 2-4 hours though the size and condition of the home can also influence the time taken to complete the inspection.
There are different types of inspections:
- A general home inspection covers the structural components, the HVAC system, electrical system, plumbing issues, foundation, basement, etc.
- Rental property inspection ensures that the property is well maintained and it is in good condition before a new tenant moves in.
- Property inspection ascertains that your property is up to code. It may address issues such as fire safety issues and much more.
- Inspection report- a worthy contractor will deliver unbiased detailed home inspection reports and also be able to discuss their findings when need be.
- Post-inspection service – this means that the home inspector can be available to clarify any issues that may arise in the report or to answer questions you may have in line with the inspection process.
What if the inspection report reveals some issues?
Most people ask this question a lot, but the truth is there’s no perfect home. The inspector’s work is to communicate his findings and it’s upon you as the buyer to make a decision to purchase or to negotiate with the seller on the way forward.
So, rest easy tomorrow as you consider a home inspection today.
High Country Home Inspections, LLC specializes in home inspection and services. They offer high-quality services to the residents and property owners of Flagstaff, AZ, and the surrounding 90-mile radius. Call them today.