In a short period, termites can quickly raid your home and cause massive damage to your property.
This is because the number one causes of termite infestation are parts of your home, that is, fibrous and wood materials such as furniture, paper materials, and more.
The bad news is every home is prone to termite infestation, especially older homes, homes made with wood construction, and homes located in moist areas.
The most common termites found across Floridian homes are:
- Dry wood termites – mostly found in attics and garages and can also be found in areas with less moisture.
- Subterranean termites – often found in soil. They crawl into homes through woods that touch the ground or dig mud tubes in the woods they infest.
- Damp wood termites – these are drawn to softwood, wet areas, and crawl spaces.
As mentioned earlier, every home can be a termite host, but you can prevent termite infestation/reinfestation.
Ways of preventing termite infestation.
- Be mindful of moisture
Moisture is a big allure to most termites; this means any sign of moisture problem is a big deal, so try and examine your home thoroughly, especially in moisture-prone areas.
Address all moisture issues found asap.
- Treat all the wood you use
Get rid of any unnecessary wood, like stumps, wood debris, and woodpiles.
Also, treat your wood features, including the deck, patio among others.
- Carry out a termite inspection
An inspection is not only meant to identify termites in your home; it’s an ultimate preventive measure against termite problems.
So, contact an expert today.
Termite Inspection Services in Flagstaff, AZ, and Surrounding 90-mile radius
At High Country Home Inspections, LLC, we are dedicated to providing high-quality and efficient home inspection services.
Get in touch today.